The Rice Balls JJ19
WALT: Decoding new words
Comprehension - being able to talk about the story
1. Were the man and his wife rich or poor at the start of the story?
2. Where is this story set?
In a hole
3. Why do you think the mouse let the old man take the necklace?
Because the old man is poor.
4. Why do you think the man only took one necklace?
Because he didn’t want to be greedy
5. Why were they excited?
because the old man thought that one necklace should be a lot
6. Do you think what happened to the neighbour was fair? Why or why not?The neighbour is greedy and shellfish.
7. Find Japan on a map. Colour and label it. Take a photo to put on this doc to show where it is.
Blogger: Draw a picture of some rice balls and write a few sentences retelling what happened in the story.