Thursday, 15 May 2014
WHAT IS BUOYANCY!!!
A long time ago in Syracuse, Ancient Greece there was a mathematician named Archimedes. One day when he was taking a bath,he discovered something life changing. When he got in some water got displaced, and it overflowed over the bath tub. Archimedes discovery got him thinking, he was so excited that he ran thru the streets without any clothes on, shouting “ Eureka! Eureka ! This means I found it in greek.”
He figured out that if you put something in water and it is lighter than the amount of water being displaced, the object will float.
This is know as buoyancy, or the Archimedes principle so if the object can float, it is buoyant.
Friday, 9 May 2014
Ten Waka For Christmas JJ33 - Part One
LI: I am learning to use the text to search for answers.
1. What problem was Jemma having? the first boot that they tested out in the bathroom keeped on tipping over.
2. Why do you think Jemma and Toby are making Christmas presents instead of buying them?because they don’t have money to buy the presents.
3. Why did Mum have to help with the sticks?because there wasn't any sticks around the house.
4. Why do you think the the waka was called a ‘double waka’? because it had ten waka
5. How many double waka did they have to make? seven
6. Why did Toby think it was a good idea for their family to name their waka on Christmas Day?so they can all be happy.
7. In paint draw a photo of the scene when Jemma is having a problem or when the kids are figuring out how many waka they need to make.
Post this picture on tux paint with a short summary telling your readers about the story so far.
What do you think school holiday mean?, Well school holiday means that you go and stay home for two weeks and then come back school to learn.
On Friday my mum said to me that me, my mum, dad and sister are going to the movies at sylvia park!! and ‘‘I said yes”.
When we get to the movies my mum ‘said “We are
going to watch Rio 2’’ I said can we go and get some snacks
after you get the tickets for the movie. I to hold the tickets when we got back for the movie. The movie was in room four.
After the movie we took photos in the hallway behind the muppets most wanted cardboard with the muppets on it.