Ten Waka For Christmas JJ33 - Part One
LI: I am learning to use the text to search for answers.
1. What problem was Jemma having? the first boot that they tested out in the bathroom keeped on tipping over.
2. Why do you think Jemma and Toby are making Christmas presents instead of buying them?because they don’t have money to buy the presents.
3. Why did Mum have to help with the sticks?because there wasn't any sticks around the house.
4. Why do you think the the waka was called a ‘double waka’? because it had ten waka
5. How many double waka did they have to make? seven
6. Why did Toby think it was a good idea for their family to name their waka on Christmas Day?so they can all be happy.
7. In paint draw a photo of the scene when Jemma is having a problem or when the kids are figuring out how many waka they need to make.
Post this picture on tux paint with a short summary telling your readers about the story so far.