Friday, 29 August 2014
Thursday, 28 August 2014
Culture’s are what make country unique.Each country has different activity and cultural rituals.Culture is seen in peoples writing, religion,music,clothes,cooking and what they do. Culture also includes the way people understand the world in different way.
Different country have different culture.For example,some older Japanese people wear kimono, flower arrang in vasis and have tea ceremony.
My family is from Samoa. In my culture we climb up coconut trees to get some refreshments. Sometimes when we feel like we need to cool down even more we go down to the beach where it is nice and clean you can even see the fish and crabs. Our crabs are big you could feed like I think about around seven people. When we go out we wear lava lava’s and shorts because it’s too HOT their. Sometimes when I go to my Aunt's house I play with my cousin and we also have a lot of delicious things to eat.
Wednesday, 20 August 2014
The Rice Balls JJ19
WALT: Decoding new words
Comprehension - being able to talk about the story
1. Were the man and his wife rich or poor at the start of the story?
2. Where is this story set?
In a hole
3. Why do you think the mouse let the old man take the necklace?
Because the old man is poor.
4. Why do you think the man only took one necklace?
Because he didn’t want to be greedy
5. Why were they excited?
because the old man thought that one necklace should be a lot
6. Do you think what happened to the neighbour was fair? Why or why not?The neighbour is greedy and shellfish.
7. Find Japan on a map. Colour and label it. Take a photo to put on this doc to show where it is.
Blogger: Draw a picture of some rice balls and write a few sentences retelling what happened in the story.
Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Wednesday, 6 August 2014
Friday, 1 August 2014
Chicken Olympics JJ36 Part 2
WALT: Use the text to find information
Use the story to help you decide whether the Author (writer) of the story would Agree or Disagree with the statements, and how you found your answer.
The first one is done for you.
:The Chicken Olympics Ruby and Ella has three hens. Their names were Speckle,Dora, and Aunty Fluff.
Would the Author of the story AGREE or DISAGREE?
Evidence of answer:
Page number and sentence.
Ruby and Ella had four hens.
Page 2. “Ruby and Ella had three hens.”
Aunty Fluff looked like she was wearing fifteen petticoats.
The hens were tame.
Speckle was the best at speed feeding.
Dora laid and egg on Ruby’s Head.
Ella had the pumpkin idea.
They made medals out of toast.
Chicken Olympics JJ 36 Part 1
WALT: Talk about parts in the story
2. Write what Dora looked like in a good simple (short) sentence:
3. Write what aunty Fluff looked like in a good complex (long) sentence:
4. How many hens did Ruby and Ella have?
5. Who was the best at speed pecking?
6. What were the medals made of?
7. How do you know the hens liked their medals?they were eating it.
Blogger: Choose 1 of the hens to draw in Online Paint. Publish your picture in your blog using this template: Posting a Reading Activity to your Blog.