WALT: Use clues in text, along with prior knowledge to help comprehension.
1. Who is the pohutukawa important to?
2. Why do people think of it as the New Zealand Christmas tree?
that is when the flowers bloom
3. What makes the pohutukawa special?
it is a habitat and food for many creatures.
4. Explain what nectar is.
it is a polen that the bees use to make honey
5. How have pohutukawa trees been used in the past?
as wood,paddles,tools and weapons.
6. What is project crimson and why do you think it was named this?
people how plant trees. the trees dry up.
Early Finishers: In sumo paint draw your version of New Zealand’s Christmas tree and post your blog with a few facts about Pohutukawa.